Thursday, February 14, 2008

Foz De Igazu - Argentina

So I took the plunge and decided to make the 27 hour bus journey from Rio De Janiero to Foz De Igazu to see the world famous Igazu Falls (which are contained within the borders of Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay). The bus ride there on the Pluma bus lines was dire, I had the seat at the very back of the bus, which was right infront of the toilet and stank, there was some hot generator thing behind my seat which mixed with toilet fumes, a rocking bus and the smell of a childs spew were anything but delightful! The things we hard-done-by travellers have to do to get our thrills! Oh and did I forget to mention the slightly obese lady sitting next to me who at times likes to turn on her side hence forcing her brazilian butt onto my section leaving me with next to no room to breath! Sigh..... Things looked up on approach to our destination though as I made friends with a couple from Costa Rica and a girl from Peru, we decided to travel on masse to Argentina which involved more buses and 2 border crossings! How exciting. I had wanted to see both the Brazillian and Argentian sides of the falls but as I am reminded all the time, we can´t always do everything we set out to do. Falls the following day then an 18hr bus ride back to Brazils Sao Paulo where I had a plane to catch to Lima, Peru. I am pleased to add that the bus journey back was a dream, the bus was clean, there were even rubbish bags, I had 2 seats to myself for part of the way and a seat which really reclined! Oh there was a little excitement on approaching Sao Paulo, I think some drug smuggler was sitting next to me, cause he had these plastic packages which he broke apart with a key and stuffed in his socks and his pockets. I kept a watchful eye over my specs whilst cranking out a soduku (great bus entertainment...and the sooner I finish that damn book the sooner I can throw the thing away!!). Those of you up on the geography of South America will wonder why I never travelled overland to Peru, two words: airline conditions! Scroll on for a gander at my pics of my romance with Igazu.

See heres me, I was really there!
Rare and beautiful Blue Butterfly at Igazu

Explains itself really

.....more



Three sisters waterfalls

Lush!

First glimpse of the falls from the Argentinian side

Hot dinner date with my new bus buddies from Costa Rica & Peru

Check out this bus stop in Brasil, buses leave from here for Argentina (look closely for the sign ARGENTINA)

No comments: