Friday, November 23, 2007

14th - 23rd Nov, Greece Athens & the Greek Islands

Yes I realise the dates overlap, I am sorry about that, blame it on the last minute side-trip to Egypt for that....which you would have already read about, and well done to you for making it this far!!!! So we spent a day in Athens at the start which involved cruising around town trying to find a good deal to get ourselves to Egypt, test some local culinary delights and fight off the hairy greeks!! On return from Egypt we arrived in time to catch a ferry to the Agean Island of Naxos where we spent a quaint night and day in the cute little town then onto Santorini for 2 nights. We found Santorini to be slighty too geared for tourists so were greatful to be there during the off-season!

A feast fit for kings! Our first meal in the islands. It was after this feast that we decided to cut back on our food consumption.
Ma from the Colesseum with the backdrop of Athens.

The remains of the bottom of a cup of Greece Coffee! Note how the spoon is standing on its head! I tried to drink this stuff, it made me choke...followed by a splutter!

A cute church near the cliffs of the red sea in Santorini, no idea why its so special but thought it was a grand pic.

Our speedy little wheels overlooking the Greek Agean Seas. Ma and I took a day trip cruising about the Island in a left hand drive car driving on the right side of the road! Bit hair raising for my passenger to begin with but we were all good in no time!

Me taking a breather on the 435th stair, trekking up from the bottom of the cable car in Santorini.

Mum and I got a little bored with roaming the streets of Santorini on our last day so went in search of cheap drinks. 30 minutes later we were locked and loaded with 5euro each ($10NZ) bottles of Gin and Vodka, complete with Tonic, Soda and a lemon! Why would you want to go anywhere else I ask!!!!
Sunset seen from Happy Hour on our last arvo-evening in Santorini.
A creative shot of mum and my reflection in the sunset!
A new Roman Emperor at the Acropolis in Athens, Greece.

View of the Acropolis Stadium from above, my fav view at the Acropolis!!!

My permanent bedside fixtures wherever we stay, cards from my little NZ angels Faith and Lourdes Faifua (Joannes girls).
....and from here we head to Budapest, Hungary.....tune in for further updates.

No comments: