Saturday, December 8, 2007

4th - 8th December, Madrid en Spain

Howdy folks, well my time in Spain is now all over Red Rover! Mum and I parted ways in Rome where our flights left 15 minutes apart....I ambled my way to my gate with the strange feeling that something was missing, moments later it occured to me that it was was my mother! Good grief, going to have to get used to that pronto B Tutty, you left the family nest a long time ago young lady!

So yeah onto Madrid where I spent 4 nights hanging with my own self and whatever other randoms I could inflict myself upon. Found me a hostel in Opera in the city centre and got as ´moved in´ as one can get into my hostel room and bunk bed! Stocked up on food at the local Supermacardo to enable me to eat for next to nothing during my stay then virtually took over the kitchen, I felt right at home doing the domesticated thang! Packed lunches, 3 course dinners comprising of all the essential vitamins, nutrients and alcohol a young spritely girl needs!

Spent my days roaming the streets, checking out some tourist attractions, talking nonsense with other hostellers, sampling Spains culinary delights (paella, wine, bread bread and more bread oh and the ice cream, hell I even lowered my standards and had a McDonalds Caramel Sundae, something I refused to eat ever again years ago....its tough this business of being on a budget), fought with the crowds on the streets as they mulled about in Long-weekend/festival mode and finally on the last night caught up with the lovely Sarah Pausina my kiwi mate (who also lives in Brisbane) and her Spanish mates before catching my aeroplane to Argentina!

Pics to follow....bit of a luxury to charge the camera at the mo!

Some day on a terminal near you will be the adventures of Bronwyn Tuttys first 24 hours in South America!!! Do you have what it takes to hang in for that???
Street Entertainment is everywhere in Madrid, these dudes were busting out some feisty toones and moves while I queued for 1.5 hours to get into the Prado Museum!
Chaos on the Streets of Madrid as the townsfolk hit the city on masse for a long weekend of religious celebrations

Me and SP looking excited to be reunited

Possibly the most wholesome meal i´ll eat in the next 6 months! Yummo, Vegetarian Flare all the way!

Amazing dusk shot, after a lite-plan shot through the skies

No comments: