Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fresh out of Carnavale in Rio DeJaniero BRAZIL...pics

OH MY GOD!!!!! There is little more that can be said about Carnavale in Rio! Apart from I want to live here and practise Samba so that I can join the Carnavale next year! Ha!

After a false alarm of going along with Thereza (my friend Reinaldo from Brisbanes aunt who lives in Rio and whose religion is solely and wholy Carnavale) on the Sunday night and discovering that my ticket was for the following night Thereza packed me off into a taxi and sent me out into the streets of Rio for home. Poor love was more worried than I was. $100Aus and 20 minutes later I arrived safely to Therezas house where her friends were awaiting me to keep me comp Damn it, everyone has been so good to me!!! Anyway back to Carnavale. A van load of us went along last night to watch the final 6 schools compete, each for an hour down the big Samba highway known as the Sambodroma. There was everything you could imagine, floats decorated in you name it - everything, scantily clad hombres and mujeres (guys and gals), children, young, old, rich, poor, disabled, beating drums, chanting crowd etc etc. These guys are serious about Carnavale, it happens one a year and is the lead up to Lent which ends at Easter time. A custom followed by the Catholic following in Brazil. These guys are crazy about it, and if I remember rightly, each of the 12 main Samba schools which perform has 4000 students!!! To join a school one must apply then be prepared to practise for up to 11 hours per week for a year!!! Crazy. And anyone can apply (even me). It was great to see such a diverse range of people on display and each of them them crazy with excitement!! The first school started at 9pm and the last school finished at 5.30am!! Anyway scroll on and have a sneaky peak at a few random pics and vids i've selected. Guys you will not be disappointed, and girls you love this stuff by default! And you may be disappointed to see that I didn't get completely wasted and take all my clothes off in true Carnavale spirit, was determined to remember this night after forking out my $600AUS for a ticket!!! Good god!
xx Take care now
Bron from Rio


Pre-Carnavale looking wasted! Doning a head piece which Thereza and Tamara scored the night
before.


See, I really was at Carnavale (here with Denise and Tamara whom I met through Tereza)




One for Karen, semi-naked dude


Trying out a bit of Carnavale wear for next year! ha


One for my brother....Brazilian dancer keeping cool whilst busting her Samba moves


Aquatic scene


If you didn't believe me the first time round heres real proof I was there


Dudes dressed as gals


Onlookers glued to the sights


Theres someone in there promise


Shake that booty sister!


Can you imagine how hot this dude must have been in this attire?


Sambodroma and the crowds in the stands


Shot looking down the Sambódromo Stadium


VIDEO - Brazilian chick shakin her samba bootie!


VIDEO - Penguin float - one for Faith and Lourdes


VIDEO - X-rated Samba, consider this your early birthday present Gregor Tutty!

xxx enjoy

No comments: