Thursday, November 8, 2007

First Stop Thailand 4th - 8th Nov

We were collected at the airport by my host sister (from AFS 13 Years ago) in Bangkok. She whisked us away to our hotel and we passed out. We spent our time in Bangkok sampling plenty of culinary delights, scoring a few bargains, massages (of the wholesome variety) and using my Thai Lingo, surprisingly enough it came back no trouble! Scroll on for a look at what we got up to. Our emphasis in Thailand was eating, catching up with my host family and getting a daily massage. Average meal was $2 and 1 hr massages were $10 (NZD). Missions accomplished!

We took a bus 3 hours south to Rayong and spent a night there. This was at dinner in Rayong with my host family (from when I was an exchange student 13 years ago), my host parents either side of me, my grandparents and aunty and of course my mum.

With my host brother (Best) and sister (Beau) in Bangkok

Our feast in Bangkok with host brother his girlfriend, host sister, aunty and my mum. We ate food fit for KINGS!!!!

Mum and I find a Happy hour at a Bangkok pub, we knocked back a few

The pack horse (NB: the case on wheels is mums), we changed hotels after 2 nights in Bangkok as were convinced there was a rat in the ceiling which we were certain would come find us!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEK

View of Bangkok from our hotel window, slums and wealth are neighbours

No comments: