Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Next stop London 9th - 13th Nov

So next we nip into London. For those of you that know me you'll know there is one mission for me in London......and that would be the West End Musicals and in particular LES MISERABLES!!!! 1st night we seen Avenue Q with our mate Jo Jo who lives there, 2nd day we caught Footloose!!!! We also wanted to check out a few of the tourist attractions and in particular I must say St Pauls Cathedral was 'breathtaking'. We got there in time for the Rememberance Day Service, unfortnately I didn't know any of the songs so had to be quiet but was a happy girl when I went up and took communion which consisted of a wafer and a shot of brandy!!! Score!!!! Naturally I felt uplifted, wholy and cleansed..... Mission accomplished again!

Westminster Abbey

Face of St Pauls Cathedral

Catching up with Jo Jo at her digs in West Hampstead, she put on some light snacks and some wines for us.....

The light snacks!

Dinner on our last night at Belgian Belgos where Mussels and chips are the specialty, Jenny James, Mum and I.



On our last night in London we all went for dinner then Jen and I went to see Les Mis (Jen was a Les Mis virgin up until this point, i'd seen it 5 times), and Mum and Jo went to the movies and sushi for old times sakes. And it pains me to say this but some of you will laugh i'm sure, but I fell asleep in it this time!!!!!!!!! Thats not to say I was bored, just a little tired.

Lunch beside the River Thames with a view of the London Bridge and Tower of London. We went up the Tower for a bit of a nosy.

View of the London Eye and River Thames at night



View from London Eye and Houses of Parliament and Big Ben


With Jenny James and Lib (I lived with Jen when I lived in London all those years back)


London Eye by night


The girls after seeing the West End production of FOOTLOOSE! I was so excited that I cried...tears of joy of course.

Next destination is Athens in Greece, we're in Greece for 8 nights, we'll attempt to see some of the islands and even go to Egypt....watch this space......


Take care xxx

No comments: